Monday, May 08, 2006

Halfway Iron

This weekend was one that I was not looking forward to in large part because it meant working hard for a change. Yeah, it’s fun after looking back and knowing your kinda a bad ass, but before and during you’re just like what the hell am I doing to myself. It doesn’t help when you know you have at least 6 hours of killing yourself.

So it was finally the weekend where we competed in the Wildflower Races in Paso Robles, CA! Some of us were involved in the half Iron Man and others in the Olympic course. By the looks of my feet you can guess I did the Half Ironman. But I can’t really complain, there were definitely athletes that were blind or had only one leg in the race. These people amazed me!

Anyway, we all got some sweet beater burns! Except for Fat Wadley, who kept it cool under his shades all weekend. Somehow Tron managed to find his way to the race. He clocked an impressive time, and proceeded to check out new blonde man crushes with his friend David.

I the end this weekend was just a lot of partying, celebrating Cinco de Mayo, and wearing lots of spandex, a little swimming & running & biking, and finally coming back sore and hungry as can be. Anway, short on pictures from the weekend, you’ll just have to come and check everything else out in person next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home